5.2.10

kiddy often gets her poop stuck to her furry bottom. we call this "the dingle-berry effect".

this morning was filled with normalcy and wonder, all at once. i followed my normal routine (hit snooze 3 times or more, sat in a warm bathroom and took a cold shower, listened to news updates from tampa, fixed a blah lunch and ate a blah breakfast, watched some lost). but it was in all those things i found something more. my cold shower woke me more than i was planning on being awake. lost was more of mr. eko's story, at the end of which he resisted the Lord's prayer that seemed to have more truth and meaning this time i heard it. it's colts shirt and jeans day at work and everything i wanted to wear was clean and ready to go. i was out the door unusually on time. the second i stepped foot outside, the very second indeed. not just before or just after, it started to snow. it was more of a freezing rain. the kind of flakes you can hear hit each dirty leaf. each tree branch on the way down. it was so silent, yet loud and deafening. my car was cool, but not numbingly cold like it typically is. i start my car and listen to music about the child inside us... "hey!"... i feel filled with hope immediately... "we know a place where no planes go. we know a place where no ships go."... on my normal route to work i find hope and beauty in what is typical... "between the click of the light and the start of the dream..."... i start the rest of my day.

1 comment:

  1. Um this album is amazing. I am so glad to hear you quote some. Loves you.

    ReplyDelete